Creamy Pumpkin, Sage, Broccolini and Kale Pasta
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
- 500g peeled butternut pumpkin, cut into 4cm pieces
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 250g spiral spelt pasta
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 100g trimmed kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Bulla Cooking Cream
- Baby parsley leaves, to serve (optional)
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin on prepared tray. Sprinkle with chilli flakes. Spray lightly with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, adding broccolini for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain. Return to saucepan.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, lemon rind and sage. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Add the kale mixture and roasted pumpkin to the pasta. Add in the cream and toss to combine. Season. Divide among plates and sprinkle with parsley, if using.