Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
-4 cups corn (about 5 ears), cut from the cob
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1/2 red bell pepper chopped
-1/2 small red onion finely chopped
-1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
-6 green onions chopped
-1/2 avocado chopped
-4 tbsp lime juice (from about 2 limes)
-1/2 tsp cumin ground
-1/2 tsp smoked paprika
-1/4 tsp black pepperground
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 tbsp sour cream (or yogurt)
-2 tbsp mayonnaise
-1/2 cup cotija cheese (or feta), crumbled
- Cut the corn off the cob. I used 5 ears to get about 4 cups. You can also use canned corn or frozen corn. If using frozen, no need to thaw it out.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the corn and stir it around. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the corn starts to char, which is why we're using high heat. If using frozen corn, you will need a couple minutes extra to get the right charred bits.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and let it cool for a couple minutes.
- To the same bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Stir everything together until well combined. Adjust lime juice and salt and pepper as necessary.
- To serve garnish with additional cheese and cilantro, if preferred.
Credit: Jo Cooks