Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
16 oz farfalle pasta
1 cup basil pesto homemade or store bought
1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
¼ cup fresh basil cut into thin strips (i.e. chiffonade)
Parmesan cheese optional
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes per side, or until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. (Note: I usually cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes less than the package suggests so that the pasta still has some texture.)
- Rinse and drain pasta and set aside. (Tip: When using pasta for a salad, toss it in a large bowl with a couple Tbsp of milk once it's cooked. The milk helps prevent the pasta from sticking together.)
- Using a large bowl, mix together the pesto, pasta and chicken. Stir until well combined and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil immediately before serving.
- Finish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional).