Blackened Salmon Burgers with Herbed Cream Cheese
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 burgers
Calories: 366 kcal
BLACKENED SALMON BURGERS
- 1 pound wild caught salmon skin removed
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs use gluten free bread crumbs if needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for cooking
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne more or less adjust to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 4 smaller bagels or brioche burger buns toasted
- slices Sliced avocado grilled jalapeños + grilled pineapple, for topping (optional)
- Microgreens watercress + pickled red onion, for topping (optional)
HERBED CREAM CHEESE
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt + pepper to taste
- Add the salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is finely chopped and similar in size to ground chicken. Alternately, you can chop the salmon very finely with a sharp knife.
- Add the chopped salmon to a bowl with the Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan and olive oil. Mix with a spoon until just combined. Form into 4 equally sized burgers (or 2 large) burgers.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle both sides of the burgers generously with the seasoning mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook burgers on each side until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Be gentle when flipping the burgers, as they are delicate.
- Spread the bottom half of your toasted buns with the herbed cream cheese (recipe below). Top each bun with a salmon burger and then add your desired toppings. I highly recommend a slice of grilled pineapple! Add the top half of your bun. EAT!
HERBED CREAM CHEESE
Add the cream cheese to a mixing bowl and whip with an electric mix until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Stir in the basil, dill, parsley and a pinch of salt + pepper. This can be made a few days in advance and kept in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.