Edible Garden Pesto
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Fresh basil is a favorite herb of good cooks and professional chefs all across the world. Its marvelous aroma and fresh flavor are key elements in the Italian classic “pesto” sauce. Edible Garden’s Basic Pesto recipe is a versatile condiment that can be enjoyed in many ways.
- 1 ½ cups Edible Garden fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Place basil, pine nuts, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse while drizzling in the olive oil until smooth.
- Add cheese one tablespoon at a time and continue to pulse into a thick paste.
- Adjust by adding more olive oil if you like a runnier consistency.