Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Enjoy this delicious healthy treat with your whole family. Make it fun by cutting tortillas into different shapes. This quick and easy recipe will be a new staple in your house. Everyone will enjoy it!
- 1 cup fresh mixed greens (I used kale, spinach, and arugula)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- whole wheat tortillas for serving
- Bring a small pan of water to a low boil.
- Add greens to blanch them (chopped and stems removed).
- Cook for one minute, then remove from boiling water using tongs.
- Immediately submerge in an ice bath (I did this in the bowl of the blender to save on dishes).
- Once cooled remove and squeeze out excess water.
- Add greens, chickpeas, yogurt, tahini, olive oil, and cumin to a small food processor.
- Puree to desired consistency (add a tablespoon or so of water if you need more moisture).
- Use a cookie cutter to make small rounds or fun shapes out of the tortillas.
- Top with hummus and serve.