Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Sweet Guacamole Recipe: perfect for veggies or chips!
Slightly sweeter than the canned variety you might be used to, green garbanzo beans have a fresh flavor similar to peas. Serve this extra-green guac with raw veggies and baked tortilla chips or baked whole grain pita chips.
- 2 cups cooked green garbanzo beans
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped but not puréed. Transfer to a medium bowl and add avocado, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Mash until evenly blended. Stir in tomato and jalapeño. Keep chilled until ready to serve.