Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
For the Salmon
6 salmon filets, about 2 pounds, total
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
For the Salsa
1 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
1 small jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed, and finely diced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, finely diced
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large lime, juiced
- Preheat the grill to 400˚F.
- Sprinkle salmon filets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine sweet paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and coriander; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the fllets.
- Brush clean grill grates with olive oil.
- Place salmon on the grill; close the lid and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked half way up the filet.
- If salmon is with skin, place the salmon skin-side down, first.
- Using a fish spatula, flip over the filets and continue to cook for 4 more minutes, or until cooked through.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the filets. Use an Instant Read Thermometer to check for doneness; salmon is cooked through when internal temperature registers at 145˚F.
In the meantime, prepare the salsa:
- In a mixing bowl combine diced avocado, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lime juice; mix. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Spoon salsa over cooked salmon and serve!