Grilled Watermelon Salad
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Sweet juicy watermelon paired with salty feta, fresh basil, and tart lime juice is a refreshing and easy to make summer salad.
Credit: Pinterest @reciperunner
- 1 whole mini/baby watermelon
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Balsamic reduction for drizzling, I used the one in this recipe or you can buy pre-made at Trader Joe's
- Cut the watermelon into 1 inch thick slabs and lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Place the slabs of watermelon cut side down onto a heated grill and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until marked and warm.
- Remove from the grill and cut off the rind, then cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss the grilled watermelon with the basil, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Gently fold in the cubed feta being careful not to break it up.
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic reduction before serving.