Mediterranean Baked Feta Pasta
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
8 ounces dried cavatappi pasta or pasta of choice
2 pints cherry tomatoes
8 ounce block feta cheese
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
¼ cup packed chopped fresh basil plus more for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish. Pour the olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the feta block in the middle of the baking dish surrounded by the cherry tomatoes, and flip a couple times to coat it with the olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst, and the feta cheese melts
- While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid in case you'd like to toss it in.
- Immediately add the garlic and basil leaves to the cooked tomatoes and feta and toss everything to combine.
- Transfer the cooked pasta to the baking dish and toss to combine. Garnish with more fresh basil and serve warm.
Credit: Feel Good Foodie https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/baked-feta-pasta/