Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
-5 (6 - 7 oz) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
-4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
-1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
-3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp)
-1 Tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary
-Salt and freshly ground black pepper
-1 large sweet potato (about 16 oz) (I leave unpeeled), chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
-1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
-2 medium fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 3/4-inch thick
-2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about 1/4-inch thick
-4 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
-2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into a gallon size resealable bag.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer.
- Set chicken thighs over the veggie/apple layer.
- Separate any pieces of bacon that may be stuck together then sprinkle bacon over veggie apple mixture.
- Roast in a preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 - 35 minutes (chicken should register 165 in center). Broil during the last few minutes for a more golden brown crispy skin on chicken if desired.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.