Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
-12 oz ground pork
-1 cup chives, chopped
-3 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp shaoxing wine
-2 tbsp vegetable oil
-6 tbsp water
-DUMPLING WRAPPER- pack of pre-made dumpling wrappers
-bowl of water (to seal the dumpling)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your ground pork, Chinese chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, vegetable oil, water, and white pepper in a bowl. Using a pair of chopsticks or wooden spoon, start mixing the meat filling in one direction for 5 to 10 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed into the meat and the meat looks like a sticky paste.
- Add about a half tablespoon of filling into the premade dumpling wrappers. Dip your finger into a bowl of water and soak the outer edge of the dumpling wrapper to help the dough stick to itself when you fold it. Fold the dumpling according to your preferred folding method.
HOW TO BOIL YOUR DUMPLINGS
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Gently add your dumplings.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dumplings gently to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the dumplings float to the top, you can either remove them with a slotted spoon or gently strain in a colander. Serve immediately.
HOW TO STEAM YOUR DUMPLINGS
- In a large pot that can fit your steaming vessel, fill it with about 2 inches of water. Add your steaming rack and place your steaming basket on top. Bring the pot of water to a boil.
- Place your dumplings on top of some parchment paper to prevent it from sticking. Cover the lid and steam for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
HOW TO PAN FRY DUMPLINGS
- Heat a large frying pan/skillet over medium-high heat and add a generous coating of oil (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan).
- Add in your dumplings, being sure to not overcrowd the pan. Add enough water to cover about 1/3 of the dumpling. Cover with a lid and cook until the water evaporates.
- Once the water completely evaporates, remove the lid. Cook for a few more minutes or until the bottom of the dumpling turns golden brown. Remove and serve immediately.