Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl
Posted by: EdibleGarden Admin -
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1-2 cups corn cooked
- 1-2 cups black beans cooked
- 1-2 cups protein taco meat, grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, turkey, or taco-seasoned tofu - choose your favorite!
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers or poblanos
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2-4 TBSP Mexican hot sauce
- as much guacamole as your heart desires
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. For easy slicing, feel free to stick each squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften it up just a tad. The knife slides through much easier this way! Score!
- To prevent sticking, rub the cut side of the squash with a teeny bit of olive oil or simply place a little water inside your baking dish. Both work great!
- Place your squash halves inside a baking dish or atop rimmed, lined baking sheet [some liquid will escape] and roast face-down for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of your squash, and the once rock-hard exterior of the squash will be visibly softened.
- While the squash are roasting, prep your veggies and/or meat, as well as your toppings and sauces. This is a fabulous way of cleaning out the fridge and can easily be customized based on what you have on hand. Have fun with it!
- Once squash are ready, allow to cool enough to handle and fluff the "spaghetti" strands with a fork.
- Pile high with all your favorite burrito bowl toppings and mix-ins and dig in!